For owners of BeHealthy Pharmacy, Jack and Javed, their key focus is patient care. The pharmacy is proud to be accessible to health care professionals and to be able to provide excellent pharmacy services to their patients. Jack and Javed are both pharmacists with more than 5 years of experience in Alberta, and have been operating BeHealthy Pharmacy, located at 10120 149 St NW, since August of 2019.
The pharmacy prides itself with always being ready to help their patients with a focus on:
– People with addictions and concerns about their mental health
– Complimentary home-based travel vaccinations
– Complimentary home-based counselling
– Managing patient’s other health care needs.
– Offering free medication delivery in Edmonton and greater surrounding areas.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak BeHealthy Pharmacy has taken the following precautions to stay within the Alberta Government’s guidelines:
– Designating a quarantine room for patients that are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. This space is in an area of the pharmacy that does not have access to medications and is equipped with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and tissues.
– Keeping alcohol-based hand sanitizer at each patient contact point in the pharmacy.
– Implementing the use of transparent, physical barriers such as plexiglass at prescription drop-off and pick up areas.
– Covering the whole dispensing area with plastic sheets to protect pharmacy staff and customers.
– Encouraging physical distancing in the pharmacy by using signage/stickers/tape on the floor to instruct patients to approach the dispensary one at a time and to always leave a 2 meter distance between individuals.
– Frequently disinfecting surfaces such as debit machines and door handles, all the while changing gloves frequently.
– Encouraging patients to ask for free delivery or curbside pickup to reduce foot traffic in the pharmacy.
The pharmacy strives to educate and do assessments of all people entering the premises to protect everyone’s health and spread awareness to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Their goal is to protect staff and customers, specifically customers at a higher risk of catching COVID-19 such as people with asthma, COPD, heart conditions, seniors, and other
Having access to PPE’s like masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and more is one the biggest challenges for the public right now. That is why, BeHealty Pharmacy is providing free masks to their at risk patients to protect them from the pandemic and to educate them on necessary precautions.
For Jack and Javed, they are going through a new normal with the current circumstances, with restrictions and precautions. They receive new health guidelines from WHO (World Health Organization) and Health Canada, everyday. As per new guidelines, Health Canada encourages everyone to use masks to prevent the spread of the virus. Wearing masks can help to prevent respiratory droplets from contaminating other people and surfaces.
BeHealthy Pharmacy’s advice is to continue following public health guidelines such as physical distancing, using alcohol-based hand sanitizers, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and going for groceries only once a week.
In a final statement, Jack and Javed had this to say,
“As a locally owned small business, BeHealthy Pharmacy will continue to serve our Stony Plain Road neighbourhood and spread awareness to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are always here to help and will also continue to offer free delivery and curbside pickup to all patients. Remember, we are all in this together!”
BeHealthy Pharmacy is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends from 10 a. m. to 1 p.m.